D1Vision

Notre Dame Lands 2018 Shooting Guard Robby Carmody

247Sports

Robby Carmody, the 6-foot-4 shooting guard from Mars Area (PA) High School, announced his commitment to Notre Dame Thursday via Twitter. He took an official visit to Notre Dame earlier this week (June 20).

“The recruiting process has been a humbling and exciting experience,” said Carmody in a statement released on Twitter. “Today I am blessed and excited to announce that I am committing to the University of Notre Dame! I would like to thank Coach Bret, his staff, and the entire Notre Dame community for this incredible opportunity! I would also like to thank Mike Duncan, Dan Urban, and the OBC family for giving me the platform that opened up this opportunity.”

Carmody joins Prentiss Hubb as the second commit in Notre Dame’s 2018 class. According to 247Sports, Carmody’s commitment gives Notre Dame the No. 16 recruiting class in 2018.

“My decision came down to the academics and the playing style. The coaches and players all fit who I am as a person really well,” Carmody told D1VISION. “I think I’ll fit in really well with them. They have a lot of interchangeable parts on offense and I’m versatile so I think I’ll be able to do really well.”

Carmody chose Notre Dame over schools such as Michigan, Purdue, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Auburn, Butler, Cincinnati, Louisville, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Syracuse, UNLV, and Xavier, among others.

“I’m excited for the opportunity we have to do big things,” said Carmody. “We’ve done a good job getting other talented players that are great to play with.”

Schools such as Arizona, Kentucky, Stanford, and Virginia Tech also showed interest. He also took an official visit to Purdue last week (June 16).

Follow D1Vision on our Social Sites:

FACEBOOK BUTTON

TWITTER BUTTON

instagram button

Follow Jacob on Twitter:

TWITTER BUTTON