D1Vision

Marvin Bagley III to Announce College Decision Monday

MARVIN BAGLEY III Marvin Bagley III | Photo | Jon Lopez | Nike

Marvin Bagley III, the 2018 five-star 6-foot-10 power forward from Sierra Canyon (CA) High School and No. 1 player in the country, will announce his college decision Monday at 11:00 pm eastern on SportsCenter, per Jeff Goodman of ESPN. Bagley will also reveal whether he intends to reclassify to the Class of 2017.

Bagley is currently considering Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, and USC. He has taken official visits to Duke (July 21), USC (July 26) and UCLA (Aug. 10). He is ranked by nearly every recruiting site as the top player in the Class of 2018.

Last month, Bagley filed the NCAA Paperwork to potentially reclassify. Filing with the clearinghouse doesn’t guarantee that Bagley will be cleared for the 2017 class, but that he’s asking the NCAA to review and evaluate his academic standing to potentially do so.

Playing with Nike Phamily (CA) of the EYBL Summer League, Bagley averaged 25.5 points on 53.5% from the field, an EYBL leading 14.7 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 1.8 assists in 21.6 minutes per over an 18-game window.

Many experts believe Marvin Bagley would be the number one pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. DraftExpress currently has Missouri commit Michael Porter Jr as the projected top pick in the 2018 NBA Draft. If Bagley does reclassify, he would be eligible for the 2018 NBA Draft and most assuredly a top 10 pick.

With 16 predictions from 247Sports’ Crystal Ball, 88 percent of experts believe that Duke will land Bagley. The other 12 percent of experts predict that he will choose USC.

If Bagley commits to Duke, Coach Mike Krzyzewski will have secured commitments from Tre Jones, the top point guard in the Class of 2018, and arguably the top player in high school, regardless of class, in Marvin Bagley III, all in a 29 hour window.

 

Follow D1Vision on Our Social Sites:

FACEBOOK BUTTON

TWITTER BUTTON

instagram button

Follow Jacob on Twitter:

TWITTER BUTTON