D1Vision

Darius Garland – The Top Point Guard in the 2018 Class – Names a Final Six

Brentwood (TN) Brentwood Academy 2018 five-star point guard Darius Garland released his final six schools on Friday.

Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, UCLA and Vanderbilt is the list Garland will work with going forward.

Garland is currently considered a heavy favorite to land at Duke, according to the 247Sports CrystalBall. The Blue Devils hold 62% of the vote while Vanderbilt retains the remaining 38%.

Most believe Tre Jones — brother of former Blue Devil and current NBA point guard Tyus Jones — will end up at Duke. Coach K recently addressed that with Garland.

“Coach K said he wants both Tre Jones and I at Duke,” Garland recently told Rivals. “He thinks a lot of his guys will be gone next year, and he needs an intelligent class to come in pick up where they left off.”

“Tre and I like playing together and we feel comfortable with one another, especially after USA Basketball and knowing each other’s game over the years,” Garland went on to explain.

Some believe Vanderbilt will be Garland’s eventual landing place with Jones almost assuredly heading to Durham.

“It’s a great school and I’m real comfortable with all the coaches there,” Garland stated of his home school. “It’s close to home and of course I want my family to be able to watch me in college, so that’s intriguing.”

Kentucky is the latest to officially get into the race for the athletic lead guard, extending an offer on July 16. Most believe Kentucky is a lock to pick up five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley with too much ground to make up in Garlands recruitment.

Still, Garland is only one of two players to pick up a Kentucky offer during the Spring or Summer live periods, joining California Supreme Elite (EYBL) five-star Bol Bol.

Garland has yet to confirm a date for a decision, but said he will plan visits after he cut his list.

 

Find D1Vision on our Social Sites:

TWITTER BUTTON

FACEBOOK BUTTON

instagram button

Follow Chip on Twitter:

TWITTER BUTTON