D1Vision

2018 Forward Brandon Johns Set to Commit Thursday

Brandon Johns Set to Commit

Brandon Johns, the 6-foot-8 power forward from East Lansing (MI) High School, will announce his college decision on Thursday at 12 pm Central Time per Joseph Tipton.

Johns recently took unofficial visits to Pittsburgh (June 24) and Indiana (June 12) earlier this month and an unofficial to Purdue earlier this year (Feb. 18). He also took unofficials to Michigan (Sept. 17) and Michigan State (Oct. 14) last year.

Johns is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 54 overall player in the Class of 2018 and the No. 1 player from the state of Michigan. Playing on the Nike EYBL circuit with Spiece Indy Heat, Johns has averaged 12.6 points, 6.6. rebounds, 1.1 steals, and 1.2 blocks per game in 16 games. He led them to a 7-9 record, missing out on Peach Jam.

In addition to Pittsburgh, Michigan State, and Michigan, Johns also holds offers from Purdue, Alabama, Iowa, California, Creighton, Memphis, Missouri, and Texas, among others.

Coming from East Lansing, Michigan and Michigan State seem to be the favorites. The 247Sports Crystal Ball gives Michigan a 75 percent chance of landing Johns, with Michigan State taking up the other 25 percent.

 

Follow D1Vision on our Social Sites:

FACEBOOK BUTTON

TWITTER BUTTON

instagram button

Follow Jacob on Twitter:

TWITTER BUTTON